We believe that every child in San Benito County deserves equitable access to Arts Education! Our ARTS IN EDUCATION PROGRAM aims to create first-rate, diverse and accessible learning opportunities in the arts for youth and families in San Benito County. We accomplish this through a few main programs:
1. Artists in the Schools Program serves over 6,000 elementary & middle school students at 17 local schools in San Benito County. Our Artists in the Schools Program enriches students’ learning experiences by bringing the arts directly into the schools through Cultural Assemblies and Special Residencies. By partnering with artists, teachers, administrators, PTOs and other artistic and educational organizations we are able to leverage the resources we have to help make this vision a reality.
2. Pre-K Art Program serves over 200 students, ages 3-6, at nine local preschools throughout San Benito County. Our Pre-K Art Program provides hands-on art workshops with professional artists at local preschools, as well as exhibition opportunities. Please contact us to learn more.
3. After School Art Program serves local under-served youth with FREE after school arts programming in Ceramics and Mariachi Music in partnership with the Youth Alliance’s programs at RO Hardin Elementary and Calaveras schools.
4. Life Skills Art Program is a weekly art program for special needs students at San Benito High School and adults with disabilities from Hope Services. This program is lead by Louise Roy to engage students in a wide-range of art-making activities, projects and collaborative learning.
5. Teacher Workshops, in partnership with the San Benito County Office of Education, serves local educators in San Benito County with specialized workshops on arts integration. The 2019-20 Teacher Workshop Series consists of 3 arts-based workshops November-May. Professional development credit is available through SBCOE.
Teacher Arts Workshops 2019-2020 TBD Please contact Amanda Chiado at email@example.com for more information.
6. Poetry Out Loud is a national recitation competition founded by the National Endowment for the Arts that engages high school students in poetry, public speaking and leadership development. Local high schools are invited to participate in this exciting event, which will take place at the county-level in January 2020. Please contact Amanda Chiado at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
7. San Benito Arts Now Community is an advocacy coalition of local leaders and stakeholders invested in arts education. Our goal is to make sure that every child in San Benito County has access to a quality arts education. To learn more about the recent Arts Now Summit or to get involved, please contact Amanda at email@example.com.
8. Community Art Education aims to engage local youth and adults in art classes and learning activities at our space in downtown Hollister. Scholarships are available for qualifying students. Please click here to view our full class listing and schedule
For more information or to discuss how the Arts in Education Program can be brought to your school, please contact the San Benito County Arts Council at (831) 636-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org