The San Benito County Arts Council is currently accepting submissions for FRAMING A STORY a fine art photography exhibition that will be displayed at the Annex in downtown Hollister from June 24th-August 4th, 2019.
ABOUT THE SHOW
FRAMING A STORY is an exhibition of local photographers featuring photographic essays. Photo essays are a set or series of photographs intended to tell a story, moreso than through a single image. Photo essays can be thematic (i.e. address a topic or issue) or narrative (i.e. telling a story in chronological sequence).
The reception for FRAMING A STORY will take place from 6-8 pm Friday, July 12th to celebrate the participating artists’ work with music, food, and drinks. The exhibition will be up through August 4th.
- Please submit by email to email@example.com
- 1-paragraph ARTIST STATEMENT
- ½ page BIOGRAPHY with contact information
- 3 JPEG WORK SAMPLES or link to work samples
- Please include a signed copy of the Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Participation fee, for artists who are selected to participate, of $15 can be sent via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail (payable to SBC Arts Council) to SBCAC, PO Box 692, Hollister, CA 95024.
- Please note that our non-profit status prohibits us from promoting work that is overtly sexual, political or religious.
- Commercial portraiture will not be accepted in this show.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 8 PM WEDNESDAY MAY 29TH, 2019. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE CALL FOR ARTISTS
- All submissions will be reviewed by committee. Participating artists will be notified by May 31st, 2019. Number and sizes of pieces to be exhibited will be determined by space availability. All artwork must be ready for hanging and installation. Pieces that are unsuitable for display will not be included in the show. Artwork drop off will be on Sunday, June 23rd from 1pm-6pm.
- During artwork drop off, artists will fill out a form for each photograph with a title and size.
- Artwork must be picked up from the gallery on Monday, August 5th between 4pm-6pm.
CONTACT FOR THIS EXHIBITION: Marisa Duran, Email: email@example.com, Tel. (310) 985-4767